Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/insert-php/includes/class.execute.snippet.php(632) : eval()'d code on line 8
Widow (Vidhwa) Pension Scheme
The Government of Delhi has initiated the Vidhwa Pension Scheme for the protection of widows in the state. The scheme aims to offer monthly financial assistance to deserving widows in Delhi. The qualified beneficiaries of the scheme will receive a grant of Rs. 2,500 a month from the Government of the State of Delhi. Through this post, let’s take a closer look at the Delhi Vidhwa Widow Pension Scheme.
The aim of the scheme is as follows:
- To empower destitute women of the state by providing better livelihoods.
- To wane the burden of destitute families and make it possible for families to survive.
- Provide social and financial support to women in their old age.
For the program, the type of applicants mentioned below can apply.
- In order to benefit from the benefits of the scheme, the applicant should be a permanent resident of Delhi.
- The age of the claimant will be between 18 and 60 years.
- The applicant’s annual revenue should not exceed Rs. 1 lakh (from all sources).
- The claimant will not make use of any financial aid or compensation under the state or central government relating to the widow’s pension scheme.
The certificates needed to apply for this scheme are as follows:
- Proof of identity such as PAN card, Voter ID, Identification card, etc.
- Address Proof of residency certificate, ration card, aadhar card, etc. Two passport size images of the applicant.
- Certificate of profit of the claimant.
- Death Certificate of the late husband.
- Bank details
- Passport size photograph
- Income proof
- Info of the financial account (copy of financial passbook).
Application process by CSC
The process for filing the application as follows:
- The claimant will visit the nearest Citizen Service Center (CSC) and send all the documentation to the CSC officer concerned for registration under the program.
- The properly filled application form would then be forwarded to the designated verification authority.
- Upon authentication, the balance of the pension would be credited to the claimant within the period stated.
Procedure of the application through the Official Site
In order to apply for a pension scheme, the applicant must visit the Delhi Government e-District portal and register as a new user by filling out the citizens’ registration form. After registration in the portal, the applicant must select the “Delhi Pension Scheme” from the list of services. Fill out the application form with all the correct information and then add all the appropriate documentation and apply the application online. Upon submitting your pension application form, you will receive an acknowledgement number for further reference.
- First, visit the official website of the scheme.
- Click on the new user registration option given on the homepage.
- You can also click on the direct link given here to register yourself
- The registration form will be displayed on your screen.
- Fill in all the details.
- Click on submit.
- A username and password will be assigned to you.
- Log in through your credentials.
- You can also directly login by clicking on the link given here
- You will be redirected to a new web page.
- Click on the services tab present at the homepage.
- Further, click on widow pension form option.
- The application form will be displayed on your screen.
- Fill in your details.
- Upload the documents.
- Click on submit
Note: If the claim is accepted under this system, the pension balance will be transferred directly to the bank account of the recipient via direct online money transfer.